Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Groundhog Day ~ Here I am Again

When we're young, we think our lives are on a trajectory from low to high. We start small and life just keeps getting easier and better we go on, right? Now, looking back on what is most likely the first half or so of my life, I'm starting to believe the trajectory is more like a circle. We're constantly circling back around to the place we were before, just a little wiser than the last time.

I'm struck by this fact because I'm finding myself querying new manuscripts once again. The query process doesn't get any easier, even though I've sold two manuscripts. I still don't know the magic formula that makes an agent or an editor say "yes". I feel a little like Bill Murray in Goundhog Day, banging my head against the same wall all over again.

But maybe I'm just a little better at it than I was before? I can only hope so because here I go again~

Happy Groundhog Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment