Friday, July 19, 2013

Blog #19 Writerly Persuits


I’m constantly surprised how many of my compatriots in writing for young people are so much older than I. Sure, there are a few of us that are younger (not that I’m all that young), but many folks are retired and have now found the time to write. No doubt, writing while working and raising a family are not for the faint hearted. I know from my own experience trying to do it. Things have to drop. Your house can’t stay clean all the time. Your physical fitness might be ignored. Your family might even get a little testy if you spend all of your free time writing.

At any rate, I hope it’s not because folks have deferred their dreams. A dream deferred dries up like a raisin in the sun a famous author once wrote, and it’s true.  Reminds me a blog I wrote not too long ago about not putting things off until tomorrow.  What dreams have you been putting off until “someday”?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment