Sunday, June 2, 2013

Writing Update: Oregon here I come!


 

I’m getting excited for the Oregon Coast Writer’s workshop coming up in July. The emails have been flying back and forth about the class in preparation, only making it worse.  I have to send in a writing sample for the instructors, so I’ve been debating on that. I think I will send in Vessel, since it’s newest and it’s something I want to work on perfecting.  I’ve queried it to a couple agents and publishers, but no bites so far. Given my generally positive experience with self publishing so far, I don’t think I would hesitate to publish it myself if it comes to that.

Every trip we’ve taken to Oregon has taken us to a new beach. This time it’s a place called Oceanside, perched on a cliff, not far from Tillamook – cheese capitol of the west. Things I’m looking forward to – tide pools, seafood, and writing/photography.  Things I’m not looking forward to – fog, rain, and any form of cold weather.  Our spring has been too cold and I’m ready for summer now. Got that Oregon?? I want sunshine!

 

My latest project is the third book in the Storyteller series, working title “The Last Page”.  All the chapters are outlined (I’m a huge outline fan) and I’m just finishing Chapter One this week.  My goal is at least chapter a week. If I can do that, I’ll have a book in six months. That would be lightening speed for me. Maybe with the kids out of school and dance lessons for the summer, I can do it. I’m having fun with it anyway. I guess that’s what’s important.

I’m hoping to reveal the cover of Hush Puppy in the next week or so. I’ve been lucky enough to have a publisher that allowed me input into the cover design and I think it’s going to be really beautiful. Can’t wait to show you!

Peace~

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear about it when you return. I've thought of doing that conference many times.

    Neysa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've heard great things about it. I will certainly give an update, maybe even during the week I'm there if I get the chance.

      Delete